For nearly three decades, we have been blessed to have Dr. Evalin Rhodes Hanshew directing the university’s clinical affairs, encouraging students, managing professional supervisors, leading the Hope Center initiatives, and so much more. After prayerful thought, she has decided it is time to leave behind her 45 mile (one way) commute and transition into retirement.
Some of the words and phrases that several of her colleagues and various alumni used to describe Evalin recently include:
- She is an integral part of Richmont’s fiber.
- She has epitomized the ideals that have made RGU a leader in training and equipping clinical therapists.
- She is passionate about building the whole person.
- She personifies our deepest desire for excellence.
- She carries with her a quiet and steady peace everywhere she goes, regardless of surrounding circumstances.
- She has inspired us to be all that we are in Christ.
- Her patience is calming, her dedication is encouraging, and her trust is inspiring.
- Without saying a word she makes us want to be better people.
- She will greatly be missed, but her legacy will certainly remain.
Please join Richmont’s faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends on April 19 for a reception celebrating this milestone and wholeheartedly thanking Evalin for her deep commitment and excellent service to Richmont. Beginning at 5:00 p.m. we will have a heavy hors d’oeuvres reception and a time of thanks and celebration at 6:00 p.m.
Thank you in advance for sending your RSVP to Zach Brooks: email@example.com / 404-835-6138. We look forward to having you with us!