Richmont Graduate University merges the best in academic and theological instruction. Through Master of Arts programs in our School of Counseling and School of Ministry, students are equipped to integrate their calling with their career.
Richmont Graduate University Highlights:
- Students are able to enroll in both on-ground and online coursework as they attend in the CACREP-accredited degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
- One institution with three locations: Atlanta, Chattanooga, and Online.
- Fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Time-tested with roots dating back to 1933 (Chattanooga Bible Institute).
- Oldest integrated (faith-based) counseling program in the eastern United States.
- Students consistently score in the top 15% on the National Counselor Exam.
- 100% placement rate for counseling internships.
- A leader in Christian Counseling through its 10 counseling centers that completed over 25,000 sessions in 2017.
Richmont faculty and students are known for their strong faith, clinical skills, and excellent academic work. All Richmont faculty are committed Christians and active in their respective fields of Counseling or Ministry. Richmont graduates work in a variety of setting including churches, non-profit ministries, counseling agencies, private practice, hospitals, and more.
“When I saw the statistics of Richmont students excelling in the field and passed the National Counselor Examination with flying colors, I knew Richmont was where I wanted to pursue my graduate degree. Truthfully, I had no idea how I was going to finance my next few years of courses, but once I got to Richmont I had such a peace that it was where the Lord wanted me. Richmont is truly the hidden gem of the South.” Kellie Kent, 2014 graduate
We encourage you to get to know Richmont Graduate University. Find out how our programs in Counseling and Ministry can equip you to pursue your calling. Connect with an admissions counselor, attend a Preview Day, or schedule a campus visit. See Richmont’s withdrawal and program completion data here: THEC withdrawal and placement data.
Richmont Graduate University is founded on principles that adhere to the National Association of Evangelicals Statement of Faith appearing below. This statement has been affirmed by more than seventy denominations and represents a broad evangelical consensus. All faculty members affirm this statement, and students who attend the Richmont will be taught from a Christian perspective.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whom the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe God’s redemptive purpose will be consummated by the return of Christ to raise the dead, judge all people and establish His glorious kingdom.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.