For Richmont Faculty, Staff, and Students
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) provides free access to materials that are not available in Richmont Libraries collection but are needed for coursework and research. The parameters of this service are guided by the copyright Fair Use laws and guidelines.
Go to the ILL Request Form
What materials can I request to borrow?
- Book Chapters
- Journal Articles
What materials are not eligible to be requested through ILL?
- Articles or Book Chapters that exceed the 50 page limit
Will I be charged or fined if I lose a book ?
- Yes, should any borrowed materials become damaged or lost after you receive them, you will be responsible for any repair or replacement charges assessed by the lending library.
How long will I have to wait?
- Articles/ book chapters usually arrive in 72 hours
- Books usually arrive in 2 weeks
How do I get the materials I requested?
- Articles and Book Chapters will be sent to your Richmont email address
- Books must be picked up at either Atlanta or Chattanooga campus
- If you are a Distant Education Student you may request to have a book mail to your home address
How will I know when to pick up my requested book or when it will be shipped to me?
- We will email you when we have received your book from the lending library, and we will also send an email if you opted to have it sent to your mailing address.